Mr Luigi Tacchi is the owner of La Bottega del Legno, an artisanal shop founded in 1855 by his ancestors and still selling local woodwork in the lakeside village of Bellagio, Northern Italy. It is one of the oldest shops in the country and works to maintain the traditional artisanal practices that local craftspeople have passed down through the generations. The shop is housed in a beautiful tower, which historically guarded the drawbridge of the village’s southern entrance.
The rich tradition of Bellagio’s woodwork was birthed from farmers’ and fishermen’s need for specialist tools for their trade. Over time the skills for making such utilitarian objects were applied to the production of other wood goods, earning the village a reputation for quality and design throughout Italy.
THIS ITEM IS ELEGIBLE FOR RETURN WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIPT IF UNUSED AND IN ITS ORIGINAL CONDITION.